Facility Usage Guidelines
Woodbrook Baptist Church is glad to extend the use of our facilities to outside organizations for meetings and social gatherings. We see this as a ministry and service to our community. Scheduling is dependent on availability with priority being given to activities of the church and requests from members of the congregation. The Board of Trustees has established requirements and guidelines for groups using church facilities.
- Request for use of a church facility may be made by calling the church office at 410.377.2350 or in writing in either case giving the name of the group, the nature of the use being requested, the desired date and time of use and contact information for the individual acting as the agent for the requested group.
- Requests from non-church groups should be received by the 15th day of the month in advance of the desired date of use to allow for coordination with the church calendar.
- The facilities available for use by non-church groups include the Fellowship Hall with or without access to and concomitant use of the kitchen, adjacent classrooms and the Eutaw Place Room. Use of the sanctuary is by special request only and must be cleared with Greg Cochran, Minister of Education.
Cost for Use:
As a non-profit organization, Woodbrook Baptist Church cannot profit from the use of its facilities. We do ask that groups and organizations consider making a donation to the church to cover overhead costs for utilities, maintenance and insurance. The following are offered for information only.
- The overhead cost for the facility is approximately $25 per hour, prorated on a 24/7 basis for meeting areas alone. If the kitchen is used for food preparation, it would be appreciated if consideration would be given to an additional $5 to the total as the utility use and cleaning requirements are increased.
- Donations can be made at the time the door key is obtained. Checks should be made out to Woodbrook Baptist Church.
- A door key should be obtained for the church office by the group agent the day of the event, weekdays, or on Friday for weekend events. Please note that the church office hours are Tuesday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- If access for advance preparations, flower delivery, caterer, etc., will be needed, a member of the group must be present at the church to take delivery.
- The door key must be returned on the next weekday workday after the event.
Use of Meeting Facilities - Woodbrook Baptist Church:
Woodbrook Baptist Church welcomes our community friends to our church facilities. Our Fellowship Hall will accommodate up to but should not exceed 178 for dining and 300 for general meetings. We know that you will understand that to maintain the usefulness of the various meeting areas all users will need to be thoughtful and considerate. The following requests are made of all groups having events at Woodbrook.
Decoration and Furniture Arrangement
- No decorations may be attached to the dossal curtain behind the platform.
- Decorations may be attached to walls, columns, etc. with masking tape or other non-adherent tape (tape that will not damage the surface paint finish). All such must be removed at the end of the event.
- Furniture may be re-arranged to suit the needs of the meeting group but must be returned to its original arrangement at the end of the event in both classrooms and the Fellowship Hall.
- Please note the location of the fire extinguisher and vent fans before beginning any cooking.
- All kitchen utensils and equipment used must be washed, dried, and put away at the end of the event.
- All counter tops and stovetop must be cleaned.
- Crumbs and other debris must be cleaned from tabletops, chairs, and the floor in classrooms and the Fellowship Hall.
- Leftover food may be left in the refrigerator for church use if covered with plastic wrap or foil and labeled.
- All waste from serving food and beverage must be collected, placed in garbage bags and put in the church dumpster located in the lower parking lot past the church playground.
- If the kitchen air conditioner is used, it must be turned off at the end of the event.
- Only entrances from the rear (upper) parking lot and the front traffic circle into the main lobby should be unlocked for access to the event and all securely locked at the end of the event.
- All lights in the facility except the night lighting should be turned off before locking the church.
- All disposable supplies – i.e. paper goods, soaps, towels, storage bags/wrap/foil – must be supplied by the group.
Use must be restricted to the specific facilities reserved. Children should not be allowed to run free within other areas of the church.